Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer for Colorado
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury in the state of Colorado through the negligence or misconduct of another, it is imperative that you seek the services of an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer within the two-year statute of limitation. A spinal cord injury lawyer can help you receive compensation for medical expenses, loss of income and pain and suffering endured as a result of the injury.
When any portion of the spinal cord or the nerves located at its ends are damaged, serious repercussions follow. Sudden, heavy blows and intense pressure can cause fractures, dislocations and nerve damage. Since the brain is connected to the various parts of the body through the spinal cord, you can lose both sensory and motor-control function below the point of injury. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose the use of your limbs in full or in part, temporarily or permanently.
Common signs that you might have a spinal cord injury include:
- A numbness or tingling sensation in your hands or feet
- Imbalance and difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Hyperactive reflexes and muscle spasms
- Intense, stinging pain in your spinal cord
- Back or neck pain
- A back or neck that feels contorted out of position
- A general feeling of weakness
- Paralysis or lack of sensation in any part of your body
Common causes of spinal cord injury are:
- Auto accidents, which account for 35% of spinal cord injuries
- Slip and fall accidents, which make up 25% of injuries and are common among the elderly
- Sports and diving accidents, accounting for 10% of injuries
- Diseases like arthritis, polio and spina bifida
- Acts of violence, such as gunshot and knife wounds or assault and battery
Spinal injuries are often not immediately detected, and bleeding and inflammation from the injury can cause additional damage for days or even weeks following the accident. Visit a qualified physician several times immediately following an accident that may have injured your spinal cord.
It is also imperative to move quickly to contact a good spinal cord injury lawyer as soon as you are aware you have been injured. Sloat and Nicholson personal injury attorneys of Boulder, CO, can provide you with a top-tier spinal cord injury lawyer who will assist you in recovering the maximum compensation allowable under Colorado law.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
FMCSA Plans to Update Large Truck Accident Study
The last time the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) examined large truck accident causes was from 2001-2003. A lot has changed since then, and the FMCSA is in the
When Can You Pursue Compensation for Pain and Suffering?
Car accidents cause more than physical injuries and property damage. Often, the most significant injuries are the pain and suffering that can linger for months and even years
What Happens When You Get Caught Speeding in Colorado?
Speeding is one of the most common contributing causes of motor vehicle accidents. In 2016, Colorado recorded 216-speed related fatalities; it's a statistic that represented 35% of all motor