Tips for What to Do After a Car Accident | Colorado Car Accident Attorneys
Nobody wants to be involved in a car accident, but the bad news is that they happen every day, and there’s nothing much you can do about it. Even the safest drivers can get involved in an accident because they simply cannot control other drivers. Contact information for Colorado car accident attorneys is helpful to have on hand in case of an accident. Whether you have been involved in a car accident, or are just trying to get prepared for an unforeseen emergency, the following are some tips for what to do following a car accident:
- Contact Authorities. If you have a phone, or if someone else does, be sure to contact the authorities right away. Whether you need an ambulance, or just need a police report to be taken, the authorities will have to be called.
- Take Care of Injuries. Whether you have a minor or a serious injury, be sure that you seek medical attention – either at the scene of the accident or shortly thereafter. Serious injuries that require professional medical attention should not be ignored. If you need to go to the hospital, do it.
- Create a Safe Environment. You might be able to move your cars out of the middle of the road so that nobody else ends up getting hurt. Be sure that nobody is placed in danger because of your accident. This is something that the local authorities might take care of for you.
- Exchange Information. The authorities will take down your and the other driver’s information, but be sure that you have a copy of the other driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance information, driver’s license number, and also the license plate numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Document the Accident. Take pictures or ask someone else to take pictures of the accident scene. Get the contact information from witnesses so that they can help you if you end up needing them to testify in your case.
- Contact an Attorney. Car accident attorneys in Colorado will be able to help you with your insurance claim and to seek reimbursement for your injuries, as well as dealing with the other driver’s insurance company.
Whether you have been in an accident or are just trying to be prepared, contact a car accident lawyer in Colorado so that you have the information on hand when you need it. You can find Colorado car accident attorneys by doing an online search or asking your friends.
CALL (800) 873-3202 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION WITH COLORADO CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
If you have been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, and are concerned about how you will cover your medical expenses and pay your household bills during recovery, make sure to discuss your case with experienced Colorado car accident attorneys. Sloat & Nicholson, P.C. offers a free consultation in all types of personal injury cases in Boulder, Longmont, and throughout Colorado. Call 800-873-3202 today to discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer at Sloat & Nicholson, P.C.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Stay Safe at Home and Compliant With Stay-At-Home Orders
Boulder, Denver, and numerous cities throughout Colorado have implemented stay-at-home orders and other restrictions to help stop the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state. In Boulder, these restrictions
FMCSA Plans to Update Large Truck Accident Study
The last time the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) examined large truck accident causes was from 2001-2003. A lot has changed since then, and the FMCSA is in the
When Can You Pursue Compensation for Pain and Suffering?
Car accidents cause more than physical injuries and property damage. Often, the most significant injuries are the pain and suffering that can linger for months and even years