Auto Accident Statistics
Automobile accidents can be devastating both physically and emotionally. If you have been injured an auto accident, you are probably overwhelmed, scared and unsure about what lies ahead of you. Know that you are not alone. Unfortunately, devastating car accidentsare far too common, while impacting millions of people every year.
STARTLING AUTO ACCIDENT STATISTICS FOR THE UNITED STATES
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 2 and 34
- An estimated 6 million automobile accidents occur each year
- Over 2 million people are injured in a car accident annually
- In 2010, there were over 17,500 fatalities from alcohol related auto accidents. That breaks down to one death every 30 minutes.
- 41% of fatal car accidents in 2010 were the result of a driver under the influence of alcohol
- 31% of fatal car accidents that same year resulted from a driver who was exceeding the speed limit
- When looking at types of vehicles involved in fatal accidents, 35% are SUVs, 28% are pickup trucks, and only 17% are sedans. The remainder were non-passenger occupant vehicles, such as tractor trailers.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need to consult with a seasoned attorney who has experience representing personal injury victims. Sloat Law, located in Boulder, Colorado, is a reputable firm comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who have decades of experience fighting on behalf of people just like you. Call today for a free consultation.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Stay Alert for Persistent Post-Concussion Syndrome
While most concussion symptoms dissipate over weeks and sometimes months, it's imperative to stay alert for changes in mood, mental capacity, and physical symptoms. Every brain and every
How Do You Calculate Rehabilitation Costs?
Colorado statutes allow motor vehicle accident survivors to pursue compensation for damages, including personal injuries and the ensuing rehabilitation costs. It is crucial to correctly calculate these, because
What To Do When Your Classic Car Suffers Catastrophic Damage
You've worked hard to restore your classic car. Whether it's a Model A, Mustang, Porsche, or another ride, your labor and love have restored it to glory and