How Can An Accident Lawyer in Boulder Help You?
How can an accident lawyer help you? If you or a loved one was severely injured, you’ll want to work with a reputable accident lawyer in Boulder who is able to represent personal injury victims.
A good lawyer can help you through the circumstances that involve auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, large truck accidents, slip and falls, personal injuries, and wrongful deaths by doing the following:
- Speaking with insurance companies – An accident lawyer will communicate with your insurance company, as well as the other party’s insurer. This allows you to recover without adding to your stress, when it comes to the details.
- Obtaining evidence of liability – An accident lawyer will be able to collect any existing evidence to determine liability and help strengthen your claim. For example, a good accident lawyer will be able to talk to the officers that were present on the scene, the medical professional that treated you, and any witnesses that were present, in addition to going through all relevant paperwork.
- Obtaining evidence of damages – In addition to proving the other party’s liability, an accident lawyer will also have to prove that injuries and property damage occurred. Proving injuries is relatively easy since all the lawyer has to do is obtain copies of your medical records. If any damage was done to your property, such as your car or motorcycle, the lawyer will have to gather evidence of that damage as well as the cost damaged property.
- Determining total damages – An accident lawyer will look over the medical bills and the costs of any property damages that occurred and factor in other considerations, from lost wages to future medical costs, in order to come up with an accurate cost of your accident.
- Negotiating a settlement – The insurer may try to low ball you with an inadequate settlement offer. An accident lawyer can provide professional advice on whether the settlement is fair or not and help negotiate the settlement and its terms on your behalf.
- Representing your case in court – If a settlement can’t be reached, a good accident lawyer will be able to effectively represent your case in court.
These are some of the ways in which an accident lawyer can help you. If you need to speak with an accident lawyer in Boulder, be sure to contact us at Sloat & Nicholson by giving us a call at 1-800-873-3202 today.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
The Boulder Community Mourns the Loss of Our Neighbors, Friends, and Colleagues
Coloradans have experienced more than our share of violent gun crimes in the past few decades. Columbine High School in 1999. The Century 16 in Aurora in 2012.
Evidence Establishes Speeding as a Contributing Cause
Speeding is a common contributing cause of motor vehicle accidents. However, as with all contributing causes, it is the plaintiff's burden to prove that speed was a factor
Will Spinal Cord Injuries Ever Be Healed?
Spinal cord injuries are devastating. The injury's physical and emotional impact leaves many wondering whether treatment will restore their mobility and quality of life. With nearly 18,000 new spinal