How to File An Injury Claim After A Slip And Fall Accident
When filing a premises liability claim you must be able to prove you were legally on the property that the property owner was responsible for keeping safe. You will also need to verify the injury you incurred as the result of that property owner’s negligence. The majority of premise liability claims are for, “slip and fall” or “trip and fall” accidents. In the United States, there are approximately 2.5 million slip and fall accidents every year.
Filing a claim for a slip and fall injury is much like filing an auto accident report. Remember these steps if you or a loved is injured:
* Get medical attention. You need to receive medical attention immediately after you’ve suffered any injury and this is no different. You will also need your physician’s verification of the injury and the cause of it. If possible, find out if there will be future medical attention necessary for your injuries and how that will affect your ability to work and live normally.
* File an accident report. Just like you would file an auto accident report after a vehicle accident, you need to file an accident report for your injury. The best time to do this is before you leave the property.
* Photograph all evidence. If you are physically able, photograph all evidence showing how you fell, including the injury if you can. These photos will help your attorney prove negligence in your case.
* Obtain all contact information from witnesses. Write down all names and contact information of any person who witnessed your accident. Your attorney may need to contact them for verification.
* Contact your attorney. Boulder injury lawyers will understand how the laws in your area work and will have experience negotiating, if necessary, with insurance companies. Do not talk to any insurance companies before you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
How Do You Calculate Rehabilitation Costs?
Colorado statutes allow motor vehicle accident survivors to pursue compensation for damages, including personal injuries and the ensuing rehabilitation costs. It is crucial to correctly calculate these, because
What To Do When Your Classic Car Suffers Catastrophic Damage
You've worked hard to restore your classic car. Whether it's a Model A, Mustang, Porsche, or another ride, your labor and love have restored it to glory and
Knowing the Law Is the Best Way To Avoid Speeding Tickets (And Accidents!)
Speed limits exist to keep motorists and pedestrians safe. Because different roads and routes have different hazards, the posted speed limits vary significantly. In Colorado, ignorance of the