Motorcycle Accident Facts You Need To Know
Thousands of motorcyclists are injured or killed each year on the roads as a result of accidents. Whether you drive a motorcycle or simply drive on the roads with them, it is important to know some basic motorcycle accident facts . These facts about motorcycle accidents may also help you to adopt more stringent safety practices while riding on your motorcycle or driving near motorcyclists on the road.
- According to the US Highway Safety Authority, you are 200% more likely to be involved in a fatal crash when on a motorcycle as opposed to another type of vehicle.
- The most common cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other motorists on the road to see and yield to motorcycles that are driving around them.
- If you are driving a motorcycle, make sure that you are visible to all drivers on the road.
- The United States Department of Transportation reminds all motorcyclists that wearing a helmet and other protective gear is the best way to avoid getting seriously injured in an accident.
- Evidence shows that more motorcycle accidents happen at night. There are also higher fatality rates at night.
- Authorities remind motorcyclists, as well as any other cars on the road, to avoid speeding as it is a cause of many automobile accidents.
- Head on motorcycle collisions with another vehicle usually result in a fatality to the motorcyclist.
Motorcycle Accident Professionals
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident or any other type of automobile accident and have received injuries from your collision, be sure to contact a motorcycle accident attorney right away. A knowledgeable attorney will understand the specific laws that apply to motorcycle accidents, and will ensure that you are well represented.
Drivers can learn a lot from motorcycle accident facts. Motorcyclists are in a vulnerable position because there is no barrier between them and the other vehicles that are on the road. It is crucial that they obey all traffic laws, while keeping an eye out for other vehicles on the road as well. Call 303-447-1144 today if you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, and let an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at Sloat & Nicholson, P.C. help you get the justice you deserve.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Will RTD Be a Safe Ride in the Future?
Coronavirus has upended businesses and public services throughout the state. RTD is no different and is currently facing a $1.3 billion shortfall to the budget between now and
Car Accident Facts Colorado Drivers Should Know
Summer is here, gas prices are low, and it's the perfect time to take a road trip. However, before you hit the road, there are some car accident
Knowing the Risks Can Help You Avoid a Pedestrian Accident
Summer is the best time of year to take a stroll or go for a bike ride around Boulder. However, pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely per trip