Why Use a Colorado Jury Trial Lawyer?
If you are facing criminal charges or are the defendant in a high-stakes civil case, you have a right to a trial by jury. Your right to be tried by a jury of your peers from the state and district wherein you reside is guaranteed in criminal cases by the Sixth Amendment and in certain civil cases by the Seventh Amendment.
The Colorado State Constitution also lays out guidelines applicable only to state and local cases. They are as follows:
- If you are accused of a felony, you have a right to a jury of 12.
- If you are accused of a misdemeanor, you have a right to a jury of six.
- If you are accused of petty offenses, you have a right to a jury of three.
Should you opt to waive your right to a jury trial, and the prosecution and judge do not object, you can settle for a bench trial. Otherwise, a jury must be unanimously convinced beyond reasonable doubt of your guilt before you can be convicted.
With the help of a seasoned jury trial lawyer, you will be much better equipped to defend yourself in the courtroom. The main benefits of using an experienced jury trial lawyer include the following:
- Your attorney will possess intimate knowledge of the details of the law.
- Your jury trial lawyer will know the ins and outs of courtroom proceedings and even have prior experience with particular prosecutors and judges.
- A jury trial lawyer will quickly assess the situation to determine if any of your rights were violated during the arrest
- A good jury trial lawyer will know how to best argue your case to the jury or, if necessary, negotiate a favorable settlement
You may have been arrested for and accused of such things as: theft, fraud, assault, domestic violence, drug-related offenses, DUI or any number of other crimes. You may be involved in a high-stakes civil case wherein substantial amounts of money, the ownership of property or your reputation are on the line.
The people at Sloat and Nicholson Law Firm, in Boulder, CO, understand how serious a jury trial can be. They value and treasure the jury rights of Americans, and they can provide you with an experienced jury trial lawyer who will fight hard to win your case. These lawyers have a track record of success, and they will help you at a moment’s notice.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Staying Safe While Motorcycling on Wet Roads
Colorado is a fabulous state for motorcyclists. The scenic views and legendary routes that cross the state are some of the most beautiful in the country. But, those
What Happens When a Passenger Suffers Injuries in a Collision?
It is very common for passengers to suffer injuries in a motor vehicle accident. When a collision occurs, many different parties may be responsible for passenger injuries. In
Could Intelligent Speed Assist Prevent Teen Speeding Accidents?
Is it possible for Intelligent Speed Assist systems to prevent accidents caused by speeding teenagers? As cars become more technologically advanced, this is a question that automakers and