The Many Causes of Auto Accidents
In 2016, over 600 deaths occurred on Colorado roads. Fatal car accident statistics continue to rise despite efforts to reduce the disturbing trend. It’s vitally important to identify the source of accidental deaths on roadways and help fix the downward spiral. Awareness is key. What are some main causes of auto accidents? The number one most common instigator of automobile accidents may surprise you.
6 TOP CAUSES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
1. The leading cause of auto accidents in America is categorized as distracted driving. Driving errors constantly occur but the use of cell phones is by far the most common cause that falls under the distracted driving category. Phone calls and texting contribute to close to 2 million vehicle crashes annually.
2. Drivers who choose to speed make driving on the widely diverse terrain of Colorado roadways a dangerous endeavor. Increased speeds lower driver reaction time. The slower a driver reacts the less likely they are to avoid potential accidents.
3. Weather conditions such as heavy rain, sleet or snow are synonymous with creating hazardous driving environments. Inclement weather poses a real problem for local drivers and the tourist industry when little preparation is done to prevent life-changing accidents from wreaking havoc on your day to day driving.
4. Tail-gating, numerous lane changes, speed, and impatience are tacked under the reckless driving column. Reckless driving, especially in heavy traffic, is repetitively a trigger for automobile accidents. Extra care is needed to avoid those who engage in careless aggressive driving.
5. Wrongful death occurs when red lights are not followed accordingly. Side-car impact vehicular accidents at high speeds happen as a result of those who don’t yield to traffic light directives. Disastrous repercussions could be avoided if even those who have the right of way ensure that other drivers on the road are also yielding accordingly.
6. Drivers who ignore stop signs have led to thousands of serious car accidents annually. The injuries caused by rollover accidents can be deadly and “look both ways” is not only good road etiquette, but many times a life-saving decision.
These causes of auto accidents shouldn’t continually victimize your quality of life! If you’ve been affected by an auto accident Sloat & Nicholson offer free consultations to answer your legal questions and help you get the results you require!
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Stay Safe at Home and Compliant With Stay-At-Home Orders
Boulder, Denver, and numerous cities throughout Colorado have implemented stay-at-home orders and other restrictions to help stop the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state. In Boulder, these restrictions
FMCSA Plans to Update Large Truck Accident Study
The last time the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) examined large truck accident causes was from 2001-2003. A lot has changed since then, and the FMCSA is in the
When Can You Pursue Compensation for Pain and Suffering?
Car accidents cause more than physical injuries and property damage. Often, the most significant injuries are the pain and suffering that can linger for months and even years