The Many Causes of Auto Accidents
In 2016, over 600 deaths occurred on Colorado roads. Fatal car accident statistics continue to rise despite efforts to reduce the disturbing trend. It’s vitally important to identify the source of accidental deaths on roadways and help fix the downward spiral. Awareness is key. What are some main causes of auto accidents? The number one most common instigator of automobile accidents may surprise you.
6 TOP CAUSES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
1. The leading cause of auto accidents in America is categorized as distracted driving. Driving errors constantly occur but the use of cell phones is by far the most common cause that falls under the distracted driving category. Phone calls and texting contribute to close to 2 million vehicle crashes annually.
2. Drivers who choose to speed make driving on the widely diverse terrain of Colorado roadways a dangerous endeavor. Increased speeds lower driver reaction time. The slower a driver reacts the less likely they are to avoid potential accidents.
3. Weather conditions such as heavy rain, sleet or snow are synonymous with creating hazardous driving environments. Inclement weather poses a real problem for local drivers and the tourist industry when little preparation is done to prevent life-changing accidents from wreaking havoc on your day to day driving.
4. Tail-gating, numerous lane changes, speed, and impatience are tacked under the reckless driving column. Reckless driving, especially in heavy traffic, is repetitively a trigger for automobile accidents. Extra care is needed to avoid those who engage in careless aggressive driving.
5. Wrongful death occurs when red lights are not followed accordingly. Side-car impact vehicular accidents at high speeds happen as a result of those who don’t yield to traffic light directives. Disastrous repercussions could be avoided if even those who have the right of way ensure that other drivers on the road are also yielding accordingly.
6. Drivers who ignore stop signs have led to thousands of serious car accidents annually. The injuries caused by rollover accidents can be deadly and “look both ways” is not only good road etiquette, but many times a life-saving decision.
These causes of auto accidents shouldn’t continually victimize your quality of life! If you’ve been affected by an auto accident Sloat & Nicholson offer free consultations to answer your legal questions and help you get the results you require!
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Who Can Be Held Liable For a Truck Accident in Colorado?
A semi-truck pulling an empty trailer weighs approximately 35,000 lbs, while the average passenger vehicle weighs between 2,750 and 4,000 lbs. Therefore, truck accidents often result in severe
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Colorado
On a motorcycle, you can truly feel the freedom of the open road. It is one of the reasons why motorcycles are such a popular mode of transportation.
Understanding Colorado’s Dog Bite Statute
Colorado’s dog bite statute only applies to someone who suffers bodily injury from a dog while lawfully on public or private lands.It allows victims to recover compensation for