The Many Causes of Auto Accidents
In 2016, over 600 deaths occurred on Colorado roads. Fatal car accident statistics continue to rise despite efforts to reduce the disturbing trend. It’s vitally important to identify the source of accidental deaths on roadways and help fix the downward spiral. Awareness is key. What are some main causes of auto accidents? The number one most common instigator of automobile accidents may surprise you.
6 TOP CAUSES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
1. The leading cause of auto accidents in America is categorized as distracted driving. Driving errors constantly occur but the use of cell phones is by far the most common cause that falls under the distracted driving category. Phone calls and texting contribute to close to 2 million vehicle crashes annually.
2. Drivers who choose to speed make driving on the widely diverse terrain of Colorado roadways a dangerous endeavor. Increased speeds lower driver reaction time. The slower a driver reacts the less likely they are to avoid potential accidents.
3. Weather conditions such as heavy rain, sleet or snow are synonymous with creating hazardous driving environments. Inclement weather poses a real problem for local drivers and the tourist industry when little preparation is done to prevent life-changing accidents from wreaking havoc on your day to day driving.
4. Tail-gating, numerous lane changes, speed, and impatience are tacked under the reckless driving column. Reckless driving, especially in heavy traffic, is repetitively a trigger for automobile accidents. Extra care is needed to avoid those who engage in careless aggressive driving.
5. Wrongful death occurs when red lights are not followed accordingly. Side-car impact vehicular accidents at high speeds happen as a result of those who don’t yield to traffic light directives. Disastrous repercussions could be avoided if even those who have the right of way ensure that other drivers on the road are also yielding accordingly.
6. Drivers who ignore stop signs have led to thousands of serious car accidents annually. The injuries caused by rollover accidents can be deadly and “look both ways” is not only good road etiquette, but many times a life-saving decision.
These causes of auto accidents shouldn’t continually victimize your quality of life! If you’ve been affected by an auto accident Sloat & Nicholson offer free consultations to answer your legal questions and help you get the results you require!
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Teaching Teens to Stay Focused Behind the Wheel
Twenty-first century teenagers are busier than ever. There are commitments to family, school, sports, clubs, work, and friends. While teens somehow always find time to take their driving tests, few spend
Tips on How to Avoid Accidents with Bambi, Yogi, and Wildlife
The Colorado Department of Transportation receives between 2,000 to 4,000 reports of wildlife-vehicle collisions each year. However, because many of these common causes of accidents are not reported the
How to Prepare for a Legal Consultation
A free legal consultation is an opportunity to go over your case with a prospective attorney. This helps you understand how laws, legal precedents, evidence, and other aspects affect