Types of Motorcycle Accidents
More often than not, when a motorcycle driver is in an accident, they are not at fault. The most common reason for motorcycle accidents is that drivers of cars don’t pay attention to smaller vehicles. The second most common reason is that a motorcycle weighs significantly less than a car. It’s far easier for a motorcycle driver to be injured after being hit by a car than a driver of another car.
COMMON TYPES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
A motorcycle personal injury lawyer can potentially help you seek damages for many kinds of motorcycle accidents you may be involved in, including:
- Single-Motorcycle Accident: These accidents don’t involve another vehicle. Instead, they are caused by the driver of the motorcycle, objects on the road, or even the weather. These accidents can involve tipping, sliding, and crashing.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: Drunk driving accidents can happen to anyone. These are difficult to prevent, because you can’t control how other people drive or if they choose to drive drunk.
- Left-Turn Collisions: Motorcycle personal injury lawyers deal with these types of accidents more than any other — and they are also one of the most dangerous kinds of accidents. These happen when another car turns and enters your lane. If they aren’t aware you are there, their car can crash into your motorcycle.
- Rear-End Accidents: If you are hit from behind, you can experience a very serious accident. Thankfully, rear end accidents are fairly easy to settle legally if you hire a motorcycle personal injury lawyer.
HOW DAMAGES ARE CALCULATED
As your motorcycle personal injury lawyer will explain, settlement damages come in one of two types:
- Damages that ARE easily calculated, such as lost wages.
- Damages that are NOT able to be calculated exactly, such as pain and suffering.
Specific damages like lost wages are easily calculated with documentation of past or present wages. Damages that are difficult to calculate, such as pain and suffering, are difficult to prove because there is no exact guideline to determine their monetary value. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you hire a motorcycle personal injury lawyer so that you can get the compensation you deserve.
For a Free Consultation contact Sloat & Nicholson at 1-800-873-3202.
Articles and information to keep you up to date on personal injury news.
Will Spinal Cord Injuries Ever Be Healed?
Spinal cord injuries are devastating. The injury's physical and emotional impact leaves many wondering whether treatment will restore their mobility and quality of life. With nearly 18,000 new spinal
Are “Extraordinary Circumstances” Creating Extraordinary Risks for Colorado Motorists?
Under normal circumstances, drivers in Colorado are required to submit to either a breathalyzer, blood test, or "refusal" when law enforcement officers suspect a motorist is impaired. These
What Does “Pain and Suffering” Mean?
Motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, slips and falls, ski accidents, and other events can cause serious, potentially life-changing personal injuries that can cause considerable pain and suffering. Many